You are looking at many power supply circuit diagram. The various electronic projects need to use them as an energy source. There are a lot of circuits categories: power supply. But sometimes you want to save time and get some ideas. So, I recommended the circuits with PCB lists below. Also, they are easy to build and Cheap.
Page Contents, Click
- 1 3 power source for electronic devices
- 2 Why should use a linear power supply
- 3 10 Top power supply circuits
- 4 Fixed Volts regulator: 3V, 6V, 9V, 12V
- 5 5V power suppliesDigital power supplies
- 6 9 volts
- 7 Low volts
- 8 Low Drop Out Voltage
- 9 Adjustable Power Supply Circuit
- 10 High voltage (100V up)
- 11 Dual rail regulator & Multiple Voltage
- 12 Transformerless
- 13 Switching Mode Power Supply circuits
3 power source for electronic devices
First, let’s meet at the three most types of Power Supply
A lot of circuits use a few power. So it can be powered by batteries.
This is small and easy to use anywhere. But normally they are lows voltage.
They are the best for low current using.
You should use rechargeable batteries, to reuse many times to save money a lot.
I like my children to use them. Because it is safe for him.
We can use it as solar power our circuit directly.
We like to use it is a solar charger for a rechargeable battery.
My son like to make solar light.
3. AC Line
We use AC line, its basic is AC Adapter, like a power supply. They are the compact units and easy to use than a battery.
We can apply them to various output voltage and currents.
When we are in a house. we should use them instead of batteries and solar, it will save our money.
We must use it carefully. Safety first! It is many useful but also can kill you!
Why should use a linear power supply
There are many kinds of power supply circuits. But they can all be put into two groups.
- Linear Power supply
- Switching mode power supply
How does liner work?
First, the AC voltage to a power transformer to raise or lower the voltage.
Then, Converted to DC voltage.
And next, applied to regulator circuit system.
It keeps the voltage and current for a load.
How Switch-mode power supply works
No transformer—It converts the AC power directly into a DC voltage without a transformer.
High frequency—this DC voltage is converted into a high-frequency AC signal.
Then, the regulator circuit inside to produce the desired voltage and current.
Linear VS Switching DC Power Supplies
In the table below is comparing various parameters of linear and switching form.
I love the linear power supply.
- easy circuit diagram
- high stable, durable and heavy-duty
- low noise, ripple, delay, and EMI
Which the switching type is just the opposite.
10 Top power supply circuits
On our site have a lot of the power supply circuit. We cannot show you all. Thus, for saving you time see lists below.
1. First Variable DC Power Supply, LM317
You can adjust an output voltage of 1.25V to 30V at 1.5A. I like it.
Because… It is easy and cheap.
You can use it instead of a 1.5V battery.
2. Simple Fixed DC regulator
You often look at this circuit in many appliances. They are a quite old circuit, but so useful.
It is very simple with just one transistor, Zener diode, and resistor.
The output voltage depends on the Zener Diode.
You want 12V supply, you use a 12V Zener diode.
You can make. I believe you!
3. 78xx voltage regulator—cool!
They are a popular 1A fixed DC Regulator, easy and cheap.
If you need 5V 1A supply for a digital circuit. We usually use LM7805 here.
LM350 Adjustable regulators using LM350
I sometimes need to use 3A variable voltage source.
LM317 cannot help me, easily.
In a short time, we use LM350T.
It is the best linear [email protected]
0-30V, 3A Adjustable DC Supply
We seldom use 3A Current that can adjust 0V to 30V output.
This is a better choice.
It uses LM723 as the famous regulator IC.
And here is modern design circuit, full protection than LM350T.
Variable power supply, 0-50V @3A
If you need to use voltage output over than 30V or adjust 0V to 50V.
You can use it. They have the key components, LM723, and the higher voltage 2SC5200 transistor.
Also, full overload protection.
Build 12V 2A power supply by a hammer
You can build it easy and cheap to learn more.
Fixed Volts regulator: 3V, 6V, 9V, 12V
- Variable Zener Diode circuit
- Voltage Reference using LM334
- 15V 400mA DC Regulator by IC-748 and 2N3055
- 24V 2A power supply circuit
- 6V – 9V for a calculator
- 12V 1A linear regulator using transistor and Zener diode
- 12V 5A Regulator using 7812
- 1.5V, 3V, 4.5V, 6V, 9V at 1.5A Selector Voltage regulator
5V power suppliesDigital power supplies
- Digital DC Regulator If you are looking for 5V DC power supply for the digital circuit. But you have a 12V source, battery. I will show you, 12V to 5V converter step down regulator. In many ways for using, it depends on parts you have and other suitability. Recommend
- Low dropout regulator, 5V 2A LM317
- 5V Microprocessor power supply
- 5V 5A, Top Linear Regulator
- 9V Regulated using a TIP31 transistor
- Mini 9V 0.75A using transistors
- 9 volts 2 Amps DC Converter
- 9V Negative units
- Small uninterruptible UPS
- Basic Dual DC6V
- Easy Power supply for a cassette player
- Simple DC Regulators 12V,15V,30V
Low Drop Out Voltage
Simple and Ideas
Adjustable Power Supply Circuit
- Transistor Variable power supply 1A, 0-30V
- 741 adjustable voltage Power supply regulator, 0-30V 1A
- 0-20V,1A DC adjustable
- LM317 VOLTAGE REGULATOR CALCULATOR
- Variable Regulated Power supply using 7805 and op-amp
2A Output Current
- Simple variable, 0-30V, 2A for beginners
- 0-70 volts 2 Amps DC variable —look at here
- Cheap DC adjustable 0-30V 2A Laboratory —look at here
3A Output current
- 1.2V-25V, 3 amps, Adjustable regulators using LM350T
- Best DC power supply 3 amps, adjustable 1.2V-20V; 3V-6V-9V-12V
- 0-12v variable power supply at 3A
High Current (5A up)
- 12 volts,13.8V High Current 30A,25A,20A,15A for HAM Radio DC [Easy but well]
- 1.2 – 30V, 5A Adjustable using LM338
- 0-30V, 5A DC Adjustable Regulator using IC-723, 2N3055x2
- High Current Variable Voltage Regulator 2-36V 10A
- Amplifier power supply using High Current Transformer
- 10A, DC Supply FIX Regulated by IC-78XX and MJ15004
- 12V, 20Amp DC Regulated
- 0-30V 20A, High current variable regulator using LM338
High voltage (100V up)
- 0-300V, high voltage variable
- High volt shock using 2SC458
- How to make 1.5V to 220V inverter
- 10V to 350V adjustable Regulator
Dual rail regulator & Multiple Voltage
- Simple DC regulator, 12V, 15V, 30V
- +15V /-15V 1A Dual DC regulators +Cool
- Dual Power regulator +12V/-12V using 7812, 7912
- Dual adjustable power supply using 7805 and 7905 +Update
- Power Supply Splitter circuit using op-amp +New
- Simple dual rail voltage regulator using zener diode +Update
Constant Current Source
- The constant current circuit using LED
- FET Constant current drivers for LED display
- Many Constant current source circuits
- 7805 Current constant for battery charger
- Super Steady Zener diode circuit
Tiny Circuit Learning
Switching Mode Power Supply circuits
These are DC switching power supplies. To be ideas on building the projects or tools. Because they have a small size and cheaper than the linear power supply.
My site begins to have many circuits. Until friends said that difficult to see circuits or projects as he wants.
Particular DC switching power supply has very useful. The list below are ideas to build the great power supply that small and saving money. For application or learning.
I so collect these circuits for ease of accessing the projects that I interested in. Also, they may be useful for you, too.
- 5V 3A switching power supply by LM2576
- Variable switch mode power supply 0-50V 5A
- The old pc power supply circuit
- Power supply Switching Regulator 12V 3A by LM2576-12
- Switching supply computer 5V 15A 12V
- 5V 5A switching regulator for digital by LM2678
- 9V Low Power Switching Regulator by IC RC4193
- LED driver low power by switching mode
- 12V 5A power supply Regulator with LM2678-12
- Regulator switching DC to DC step down Voltage with LM2596
- 10A Switching voltage regulator circuit using L4970
- LM2673 -5V 3A Switching Voltage Regulator
- 12V to 16V DC/DC Converter with LM2577
- DC converter 5 volt to +12 volts or high volt than +12 volts
Up to $20 shipping discount on first order now: https://jlcpcb.com/quote