You are looking for many power supply circuit diagram, right?
Because the various electronic projects need to use them as an energy source.
There are a lot of circuits in categories: Power supply & Charger.
But sometimes you may want to save time and get some ideas.
So, I recommended the circuits with PCB lists Below!
Also, they are easy to Build and Cheap.
First, look at:
3 power source for electronic devices
Let’s meet at the three most types of Power Supplies.
Types 1# Battery
A lot of circuits use a few power. So it can be powered by batteries.
This is small and easy to use anywhere. But normally they are lows voltage.
They are the best for low current using.
But for heavy load. What should we use?
The rechargeable batteries are better answered. To reuse many times to save money a lot.
I like my children to use them. Because it is safe for him.
Type 2# Solar
We can use it as solar power our circuit directly.
We like to use it is a solar charger for a rechargeable battery.
My son likes to make solar light.
Type 3# AC Line
We use the AC line, its basic is AC Adapter, like a power supply. They are the compact units and easy to use than a battery.
We can apply them to various output voltage and currents.
When we are in a house. we should use them instead of batteries and solar, it will save our money.
We must use it carefully. Safety first! It is many useful but also can kill you!
Why should use a linear power supply?
There are many kinds of power supply circuits. But they can all be put into two groups.
- Linear Power supply
- Switching mode power supply
How does linear work?
First, the AC voltage to a power transformer to raise or lower the voltage.
Then, Converted to DC voltage.
And next, applied to the regulator circuit system.
It keeps the voltage and current for a load.
How Switch-mode power supply works
No transformer—It converts the AC power directly into a DC voltage without a transformer.
High frequency—this DC voltage is converted into a high-frequency AC signal.
Then, the regulator circuit inside to produce the desired voltage and current.
Linear VS Switching DC Power Supplies
In the table below is comparing various parameters of linear and switching form.
Thanks: CR By Tekpower 30V 5A Power Supply on Amazon
I love the linear power supply.
- easy circuit diagram
- high stable, durable and heavy-duty
- low noise, ripple, delay, and EMI
Which the switching type is just the opposite.
UPDATE: Now I also Love Switching DC Power Supplies
Read also: How it works
You may love it with me.
I know that you don’t want to waste time, want to create a supply circuit quickly. But wait. If you are a beginner.
Should learn its working principles At least once. To reduce mistakes And select the circuit appropriately I want to see your life easily.
- Working principle of unregulated power supply —Almost all circuits are based on this principle. Of course, ask your mind. Should you read it?
- Learn Fixed voltage Regulator Working principle —Even though I don’t like complexity. But every project needs good stability. So, this is necessary. We should use it and understand it!
- Learn overload and short circuit protection— Let’s learn about the transistor series voltage regulator with short circuit and overload protection. And how it reduces ripple.
- How 741 Op-Amp Power supply Circuit works —Look! How an error voltage sensor works. Using transistors circuit. See example circuits of Variable voltage regulator using 741 and 2N3055.
- Simple Designing 12V 5A Linear Power Supply—Easy to learn
8 Top power supply circuits
On our site have a lot of the power supply circuit. We cannot show you all. Thus, for saving you time see lists below.
1# First Variable DC Power Supply, LM317
You can adjust an output voltage of 1.25V to 30V at 1.5A. I like it. Because… It is easy and cheap.
Read More: LM317 Power supply
For example, You can use it instead of a 1.5V battery.
Read also: See LM317 pinout and how to use
2# Simple Fixed DC regulator
You often look at this circuit in many appliances. They are a quite old circuit, but so useful.
Because… It is very simple with just one transistor, Zener diode, and resistor. The output voltage depends on the Zener Diode.
You want 12V supply, you use a 12V Zener diode. You can make it. I believe you!
3# 78xx voltage regulator—cool!
They are a popular 1A fixed DC Regulator, easy and cheap.
If you need 5V 1A supply for a digital circuit. We usually use LM7805 here. Continue Reading »
4# Simplest 3A Adjustable Regulator
I sometimes need to use 3A variable voltage source.
LM317 cannot help me, easily.
In a short time, we use LM350 Variable power supply.
It is the best linear [email protected]
5# 0-30V, 3A Adjustable DC Supply
We seldom use 3A Current that can adjust 0V to 30V output.
This is a better choice.
It uses LM723 as the famous regulator IC.
And here is modern design circuit, full protection than LM350T. Continue Reading »
6# Variable power supply, 0-50V @3A
If you need to use voltage output over than 30V or adjust 0V to 50V.
You can use it. They have the key components, LM723, and the higher voltage 2SC5200 transistor.
Also, full overload protection. Continue Reading »
7# Build 12V 2A power supply by a hammer
If you hurry up and no PCB. This idea may good. You can build a 12V 2A adapter easily and cheap.
By using hammer and snail on the wood board. Also, to learn more.
8# 15V Dual supply for Preamplifier
If you need to use many circuits using OP-AMP.
For example, Preamplifier with tone control and more. They need to use +/- 15V power supply.
We have 3 circuit ideas for you. Continue Reading >>
Fixed Volts regulator: 1.5V, 3V, 6V, 9V, 12V
- Variable Zener Diode circuit
- Voltage Reference using LM334
- 24V 2A power supply circuit
- 12V 1A linear regulator using transistor and Zener diode
- 1.5V, 3V, 4.5V, 6V, 9V at 1.5A Selector Voltage regulator
- 12V and 5V output
Many ideas of 12V and 5V Dual Power Supply Circuit Diagram at 3A max
- 1.5V /3V Adapter (USB to 1.5V or 3V converter circuit)
- Small uninterruptible UPS
- A lot of 6V supply diagrams
- Simple DC Regulators 12V,15V,30V
5V power supplies Digital power supplies
- Digital DC Regulator If you are looking for 5V DC power supply for the digital circuit. But you have a 12V source, battery. I will show you, 12V to 5V converter step down regulator. In many ways for using, it depends on parts you have and other suitability. Recommend
- Low dropout regulator, 5V 2A LM317
- Raspberry pi 5V 3A power supply with 3 ideas that you can do it.
- 5V 5A, Top Linear Regulator
- 9V Regulated using a TIP31 transistor
- Mini 9V 0.75A using transistors
- 9 volts 2 Amps DC Converter
- Negative Voltage Regulator using PNP Emitter Follower
Low Drop Out Voltage
Simple and Ideas
Adjustable Power Supply Circuit
What is a variable power supply? Simply said it is a power supply that can adjust the output voltage or current. But it still has the same characteristics as a fixed regulated power supply. It will keep a stable voltage when it has any load.
- Transistor Variable power supply 1A, 0-30V
- 0-20V,1A DC adjustable
- LM317 VOLTAGE REGULATOR CALCULATOR
- Variable Regulated Power supply using 7805 and op-amp
2A Output Current
- Simple variable, 0-30V, 2A for beginners
- 0-70 volts 2 Amps DC variable —look at here
- Cheap DC adjustable 0-30V 2A Laboratory —look at here
3A Output current
- 1.2V-25V, 3 amps, Adjustable regulators using LM350T
- Best DC power supply 3 amps, adjustable 1.2V-20V; 3V-6V-9V-12V
- 0-12v variable power supply at 3A
High Current (5A up)
- LM338 Variable Supply, 5A
- 12 volts,13.8V High Current 30A,25A,20A,15A for HAM Radio DC [Easy but well]
- 0-30V, 5A DC Adjustable Regulator using IC-723, 2N3055x2
- Many Amplifier power supply circuits
- 10A, DC Supply FIX Regulated by IC-78XX and MJ15004
- 0-30V 20A, High current variable regulator using LM338
High voltage (100V up)
- 0-300V, high voltage variable
- High volt shock using 2SC458
- How to make 1.5V to 220V inverter
- Many high volt power supply circuit ideas
Dual rail regulator & Multiple Voltage
- Simple DC regulator, 12V, 15V, 30V
- +15V /-15V 1A Dual DC regulators +Cool
- Dual Power regulator +12V/-12V using 7812, 7912
- Dual adjustable power supply using 7805 and 7905 +Update
- Power Supply Splitter circuit using op-amp +New
- Simple dual-rail voltage regulator using Zener diode +Update
Constant Current Source
- Many Constant current source circuits
- 7805 Current constant for battery charger
- Super Steady Zener diode circuit
Switching Mode Power Supply circuits
These are DC switching power supplies. To be ideas on building the projects or tools. Because they have a small size and cheaper than the linear power supply.
My site begins to have many circuits. Until friends said that difficult to see circuits or projects as he wants.
A particular DC switching power supply has very useful. The list below is ideas to build a great power supply that small and saving money. For application or learning.
So, I collect these circuits for ease of accessing the projects that I interested in. Also, they may be useful for you, too.
- 5V 3A switching power supply using LM2576
- Variable switch mode power supply 0-50V 5A
- Old PC power supply circuits
- Power supply Switching Regulator 12V 3A using LM2576-12
- Switching supply computer 5V 15A 12V
- LM2678 – 3.3V, 12V, 5V 5A Switching fixed voltage regulator
- MC34063 Stable battery switching regulator
- LED driver low power using switching Mode
- LM2596 circuit voltage regulator and LM2673 datasheet
- LM2577 Boost Converter circuit | Step up | Datasheet | Pinout
- DC converter 5 volts to +12 volts or high volt than +12 volts
GET UPDATE VIA EMAIL
I always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.