Here is a 12V 3A Switching Regulator circuit, or Step down DC Converter voltage. Use IC LM2576-12 SIMPLE SWITCHER High-Efficiency 3A Step-Down Voltage Regulator. Input DC Voltage 40Vmax and 16Vmin 3A.
How this circuit works
When we need to use a 12V 3A power supply before we choose a linear circuit. But now some projects we use switching regulators. Why? It is more effective. No heat and no power down. It can drive a 3A load with very good load regulation.
The output fixed voltage of 3.3V, 5V, 12V (we use it now), 15V and an adjustable. and use a min external components.So We can substitute the popular three-terminal linear regulators IC-LM350T with the LM2576 series.
Recommended: 7805 regulator datasheet & pinout
- 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V fix regulator version
- Adjustable version output voltage range 1.23V to 37V (57V for HV version) ±4% max overline and load conditions
- Full 3A output current
- Input voltage range 40V up to 60V (For HV Version)
- Use only 4 external components
- 52 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator
- High efficiency
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- Simple high-efficiency step-down (buck) regulator
- Efficient pre-regulator for linear regulators
- On-card switching regulators
- Positive to negative converter (Buck-Boost)
But sometimes, we cannot make the 12V 3A Switching Regulator circuit, because the LM2576 may be expensive than the LM7805 and transistor boost up current, and sometimes you may not find it easily it.
3A adjustable voltage regulator using LM317-2N3055
12V, 10A Regulated Power Supply Using IC 723+2N3055
Parts will you need
|IC1||LM2576-12||12V 3A SIMPLE SWITCHER 3A Step-Down Voltage Regulator|
|Cout||1000uF 25V||Electrolytic Capacitor|
|D1||1N5822||Schottky Barrier Rectifier, 3.0 A, 40 V|
What’s more? You can look other power supply circuits: Click Here
Get Updates via EmailWe always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.