If you are looking a ICs for a DC to DC converter job. I highly recommend of IC-LM1577/LM2577 supply all of the power and control functions for
step-up (boost), flyback, and forward converter switching regulators.
The output voltage typical : Wide input voltage 3.5Vdc to 40Vdc.
– 2.2k 1/4W resistor
– 0.1uF capacitor
– 0.33uF capacitor
– 680uF 50V electrolytic capacitor
– 1N5822 high speed schottky diode (3A)
– wire coil inductor, 100uH
– “for LM2577-adj IC” 20k multi-turn variable resistor, set to ratio to R2=2k, R1=18k for voltage output of 12Vdc before soldering
– LM2577-12 (12Vdc output)
– LM2577-15 (15Vdc output)
– LM2577-ADJ (1.23Vdc to 37Vdc output)
Using a minimum number of external parts, these regulators are price reasonable good value., and made project easily.
Included on the chip is a 3 amp NPN switch and they have protection circuit, consisting of current and
thermal limiting, and undervoltage lockout.
Other detail within a 52 kHz stable-frequency oscillator that
no external components, a soft start mode to reduce running current during start-up, and current mode
control for rejection of input voltage and output load transients.