Imagine you want to listen to great music in your room. You may have many choices. Before seeing others. Let’s see this 30w amplifier circuit. Why you should see it?
If your small room is small. And, you like to listen to great music that nice quality, low noise, full option adjusting. Also, it is cheap and easy to find the parts in any store.
What is more?
I often recommend this project. It is one of the timeless amplifiers. With the power of 30 watts RMS amplifier circuit diagram with PCB. It is suitable for you.
In the circuit uses all transistors like 2N3055 and small transistors.
So, low noise and easy to buy them. Though it is a too old circuit. But we want to return conserve valuable antiques.
If we will compare it with others in the same watts. This 30W amplifier is the best, quality sound. Because it is an OCL amplifier. So, responds to bass and treble well.
Thanks, designer, he designs the circuit is really perfect.
Read next: Video amplifier splitter using transistor
How this project works
As will see Figure 1 that they composed of the most 2 parts are:
- The tone control circuit
- The main amplifier circuit
The figure 1 circuit of the project
To begin with, the tone control section is determined as the feedback tone control type. Which is popular extensively at this time.
Then, you can adjust the bass sound up to +18dB at frequency 100Hz. And, can adjust the treble sound up to +18dB at frequency 10Khz.
In the power amplifier circuit, you will see that the input circuit is connected to the differential amplifier type.
To control the output of this circuit is zero volts. By using the feedback at the base of Q4 through the R16.
The gain of this circuit is R16/R15. Then, the signal from the collector of Q3 will pass to the base of Q6. Which, Q6 acts as pre-driver to amplifiers signal to the driver circuit that consists of Q5, Q7.
In setting, the last output section is determined by forming the Quasi-Complimentary. So, the saving than the direction the pair complimentary. Then, we use both 2N3055 transistors are pair output Q8, Q9.
See other 30W amplifier circuits list
- TDA2030 transistor amp circuit with PCB
- LM1875 Datasheet 30W HIFi audio amplifier circuit
- Tri Band Amplifier Circuit Project with Crossover network
How to builds the circuit
- First of all, Build the PCB as Figure 2 and assemble correctly the components layout for the PCB as Figure 3.
- Second, does not connect the power transistors Q8, Q9
- Third, use the voltmeter set range DC Volt is 50 volts and then measures the voltage across between the output or speaker terminal compare with the ground. But you should connect the short-circuit between the input and ground before.
Figure 2 Actual-size, single-sided PCB layout for the circuit.
Here are a few related articles you may want to read:
- Transistor Crystal Oscillator circuit ideas
- What is switching power supply vs linear, how does it work?
- Transistor stereo bass booster
Figure 3. Component layout for the PCB
- Next, connect power to this project Observed meter needle that reverses or not, if error to must switch the test leads immediately.
- Then, adjust the potentiometer VR5 until the voltage is zero volts. You should reduce the range of meter to lower respectively, until the lowest, with the certainty that can read really is zero.
Related: NE5532 Pinout Datasheet Dual low noise op-amp
- Then, insert correctly the output transistor to this project.
- The main DC power supply of this project is + 24 volts up to 2 amperes. So, we use the transformer that has a secondary coil is 18-0-18V at 2 amperes. Next, passing the bridge rectifier circuit and filter capacitors. Then, we will have the results as the DC volts + 24 volts for this circuit.
Read other sites: 30 Watt Amplifier Circuit using Transistors
- Next, The filter capacitor- should have over 4700uF 50V as characteristics the standard power supply circuit that uses in normal.
For those who only need the main amplifier or final amplifier circuit, see the schematic below.
Selecting and substituting components.
I believe you understand basic equipment usage and can do it. We can use various components of the 30watts amplifier circuit.
The Small transistor. Look at Their Pinout of TO-92:
Sometimes, you may not buy MPS3569 or MPS4355. You can use:
- C9013 is instead of MPS3569
- C9012 is instead of MPS4355
- BC547, BC548, BC549, BC546
- BC557, BC558, BC559
Power transistor 2N3055. Look at the pinout of the TO-3 transistor.
If you want full power output, cheap. You should use a 2N3055 NPN transistor. But it may be better if uses TIP3055(TO-3P). We easily install it on the heatsink.
Listen to a lower volume. But still, sound good.
If you especially like treble or mid-range music. You can switch to a smaller power transistor instead of 2N3055. Like TIP41 with the shape of TO-220.
Detail of parts list
- Q1, Q2: BC547, 45V 100mA NPN Transistor
- Q3, Q4: BC557, 45V 100mA PNP Transistor
- Q5, Q6: MPS3569 or C9013, 40V 0.5A, NPN Transistor
- Q7: MPS4355 or C9012, 40V 0.5A, PNP Transistor
- Q8, Q9: 2N3055, 100V, 15A, 115W, >2,5MHz NPN transistor
- D1, D2: 1N4148, 75V 150mA Diodes
- ZD1: 18V, 1/2W Zener Diode
- VR1, VR2, 100KB
- VR3, 50KACT
- VR4, 100KMN
- VR5, 50K PRESET
- C1, C2, C6, C8, C9: 10uF 16V
- C7: 100uF 10V
- C10: 100uF 25V
- C11: 47uF 16V
- C13: 47uF 25V
C3, C4: 0.047uF 50V
C5: 0.0022uF 50V
C12: 33pF 63V
1/4W + 1% Resistors
R3, R10: 4.7K
R4, R5, R6: 8.2K
R7, R17: 3.3K
R11, R14, R16: 1K
R19, R22: 15 ohms 0.5 watts
R20: 100 ohms 0.5 watts
R21, R23: 390 ohms 0.5 watts
R24, R25: 0.5 ohms 1 watts
Power supply parts list
(As the circuit diagram above)
- C6, C7: 4,700uF 50V, Electrolytic Capacitors
- C8, C9: 0.1uF 50V, Ceramic Capacitor
- T1: 117V/230V AC primary to 18V-0-18V, 2A secondary transformer
- D1-D4: Diode 5A, 100V
- S1: ON-OFF Switch
- F1: 0.5A Fuse
All full-size images and PDF of this post are in this Ebook below. Please support me. 🙂
Check out these related articles, too:
- 30W to 60W RMS OTL integrated audio amplifier circuit
- 50W OCL main amplifier using LF351-2N3055-MJ2955 PCB
- LM3875 Gainclone Amplifier circuit | Stereo 56W
Get Updates via EmailWe always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.