This is a really Simple level voltage detector circuit. I like it so much because it causes me to know the principle of the comparator circuit form.
As shown in Figure below, We use the LM741 OP-AMP circuit highly popular is the base of a circuit.
As the video below. When we set all components to breadboard successfully. Suppose, we want to detect a voltage of 2-volts.
Here is a step-by-step process:
- First the circuit without any errors.
- Apply a 9-volt power supply to the circuit.
- Rotate or adjust a VR1-potentiometer in the breadboard to set a reference voltage to pin 3 (read digital multimeter in left is 2-volts).
- Apply an input voltage to the INPUT at pin 2 of IC1(Read voltage as Zero).
- Now LED goes out.
- And Measure output voltage equals the power supply voltage 8.4V approximately.
Then, I increase the voltage at pin 2 continuously until to 2-volts as volts multimeter. It makes the LED1 glow immediately.
Although we still add voltage up many voltages.
While measures the voltage at an output as 2-volts. It is lower than the positive (9V power supply) voltage.
So LED glow.
You may also like these:
Therefore, When voltage at pin 2 larger than pin 3 cause output pin 6 as low voltage when compare with ground so LED light up.
The resistor-1K is used to control the current to LED1.
3 Others circuit using 741 voltage comparator
1. Simple temperature sensor diode 1N4148
Learn how to use a diode to sensor temperature. The voltage across the diode gets slightly different voltages. We can use 741 op-amps check it easily.
2. Car overheat alarm circuit
We apply Thermistor for this circuit. It is a better diode. Also, we use 741 op-amps as a comparator circuit.
3. Automatic Op-amp night light circuit
Also, this circuit we use 741 op-amps to detect a level voltage across a voltage divider. They include LDR and potentiometer.
The event above circuits is old. But now they are still working. Of course, you can learn Electronics with them.
GET UPDATE VIA EMAIL
I always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.
Up to $20 shipping discount on first order now: https://jlcpcb.com/quote