In this high-tech generation, the style of music, inevitably have a profound exotic. And harmonic rhythm techniques with much more satisfied than before. Which this simple electronic drum circuit project is Instrument of this era really, It can be applied to the various sound effects and many others.
How it works.
Main idea, we use a loudspeaker instead a Microphone. Knock on the front of the speaker, makes speaker cone to vibrate, causing a small electrical signal up. This signal was amplified and stronger and is converted to DC, to control the production of frequency circuit, and this frequency which it is mixed with the signal from the beginning, and then output to the amplifier.
As shown the circuit 1 is a complete circuit. When you tap the speaker causes the electrical signal, by the knocking. Through C1 and VR1, to the amplifier by IC1 pin 3. Which, VR1 controls the strength of the signal, called “sensitivity control”.
Although we will strong and light tapping. To be recognized by the control this button. For example, on tapping too hard Makes sound distortion, So reducing the sensitivity down. But if we gently tapped, a rare occurrence, we can rotate VR1 signaling through well.
The signal is amplified by IC1 to a DC voltage before. The D1 and C5 have the power to make more smooth. To control working in the frequency generators section next.
The some signal will pass IC2 that has VR3 is controller working of output signal from IC2, this signal will be controller the frequency generators at pin 9 of IC3, the sound caused the control of the VR3 will sound strange feeling.
This VR4 is controlled the signal at IC2, before send to IC3 for frequency generator to Tone treble or bass at frequencies IC3 made this (pin 4) will send the mixed signal from Q1 to Q2 first, then output at pin E of Q2 through C12 to the amplifier on, by Jack the RCA.
This VR2 is used to fine time delay, Sounding was long or short.
How to builds
Started the PCB to the size and texture of copper as Figure 2. Drilling completed, then the device will attached to the PCB. Beginning with device that small and the most low before is wire jumper (cable connection from one point to another) And neatly soldered.
– Then, we put the correct resistor, Always read the resistance value and location. Well, that should make it horizontal or vertical.
– Then, put the diode in place of it, correctly successfully.
– Put all the IC socket on the printed circuit board, what should be careful when inserting the pins of the socket should be folded and symbols to tell me the location of the socket facing the correct way.
– And important transistor will be investigated as well, Pin B, Pin C, or Pin E.
– A capacitor on the printed circuit board according to its location, and then soldered to successfully. Shall be completed in a device that is placed on a printed circuit board, which is a composite of Figure 4.
The equipment outside of the PCB, as LED1 is connected to a cord circuit. If you should have two colors, black and red is connected to Pin A and K of LED1. We should also check the polarity of it, right before soldering.
– For the speakeris also to the red line in the positive and the black to the negative.
– Then connect the power cable from the 9-volt battery via a switch on / off to the circuit before.
– Later to a variable resistor value, the exact location and values as a set, Look at all the detail in Figure 4. And the cable length should be about 20 cm in each line, The JACK – RCA mono to mono cable shield is about 20 cm long.
Testing and using
We need to connect this circuit to the amplifier before. Then turn the variable resistor can be in the center and is open to the limiting the amplifier. Then, started tapping area speakers of electronic drums, this project we use the speaker as a microphone at the sound of the tapping. We do not tapping strong, because VR1 to adjust the sensitivity. Which is adjusted to a position that is sensitive enough. Out loud, and then try to spin the “good” you tap the sound from the speakers to the amplifier. But if the turned to the “minimum” would have to exert quite a bit of tapping’s tough for me.
– VR2 is adjusted delay, IF rotate the “long” sound is long, but if you turn it to the “short” sound you hear will be that short.
– VR3 is used to adjust the sound weird. The middle position sound is normal but when rotated to the left or right, it will Sounding strange to mix with it.
– VR4 tone adjustment function to adjust the treble And the bass tone and adjusted according to your preference.
If you adjusted the results to explore the power cord attached to it or not. Or cable might be loose. But if the no matter, it shall be as the test is finished and will be deployed as needed.
For implementation, depending on your objectives, the tapping noise as the suspension noise, which helps relaxation or some people might like the music, it could will used to help blend the sound of your music. Baroque to the more sadistic. Or may will used or applied to any other project, Enjoy with the project.
If you like this project. Please buy here.
1. Jameco Electronics : a leading electronic components distributor for over 35 years
2. Amozon.com : A lot of Electronic products. (and free shipping)
Quote and Order boards in minutes on https://jlcpcb.com/quote