The IC 4049 is a CMOS logic chip. It includes the six independent inverters inside.
We often use them for interfacing. And, make simple clock pulse generators and oscillators.
When connect two in series to make a non-inverting buffer.
The input-signal high level (VIH) can exceed the VCC supply voltage when these devices are used for logic-level conversions. These devices are intended for use as CMOS to DTL/TTL converters and can drive directly two DTL/TTL loads. The Maximum power supply must not exceed 18 volts.
- Wide supply voltage range: 3V to 15V
- Direct drive to 2 TTL loads at 5.0V over the full temperature range.
- High source and sink current capability
- Special input protection permits input voltage greater than Vdd.
The pin assignments of DIP 16 as CD4049
- CMOS hex inverter
- CMOS to DTL/TTL hex converter
- The current “sink” or “source” driver
- High to the LOW logic level converter.
Note: Please see these circuits use CD4049 as a base::
4049 Square wave oscillator generator
We can bring the inverter CMOS digital IC is IC 4049 Hex Inverting Buffer IC, to design the Square wave oscillator generator circuit diagram or Simple Pulse Generator circuits, to a lot circuit been simplified.
The circuit we use a little equipment, just add a resistor and capacitor are the only one, It uses less energy. The output frequency is relatively constant, the rate of change in frequency of the power supply voltage is less.
The pulse generators can also produce a 50% duty cycle square wave. The ICs in the circuit number CD4069, TC4069, LM4069.
The frequency determined by R1 and C1 is F = 1 / (1.39xRxC). The power supply used DC 3V-12Volt.
Here are a few related posts you might want to read:
- The simple LED Flasher using CD4011
- 60HZ CLOCK Pulse Generator using MM5369
- Simple Pulse Generator using 555 Timer
GET UPDATE VIA EMAIL
I always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.