This is a car 12V audio amplifier circuit that has high power over than 50w Using the IC TDA1562Q Philips. Which It uses just 12 volts power supply only. But provide higher watt power to 54 Wrms at load speaker 4 ohms and there is distortion at 1% and watt power maximum 65 Vrms at distortion 10%. The watt power this size suitable for install in our cars, since enough for speakers per channel and cheap
The quality was better than expected. Suitable for installation on all vehicles, Or if to build a power amps to listen to at home, was no problems whatsoever can be applications fully.
How it works.
In Figure 1 is shown the 50W BCL 12v car audio amplifiers circuit, at pin 9 and pin 10 of IC1 into the power supply from the battery 12 volts. Then pin 6, 12 and 17 are connected to a negative voltage, there are two capacitors C7, C8 serves as eliminating interference and power backup for IC1, respectively. To make It run without distortion of the noise signal.
Figure 1 the 12V 50w audio amplifier using TDA1562
The sound signal input from the CD player, Tuner or output of the tone control as selecting. The input signal enters to C1, C2. Which are non-polar serves as coupling the sound signal? By can response the sound frequencies in 20 Hz to 20 KHz as well. And audio signals are sent to the pin 1 and pin 2 into IC1 so that amply the output to pin 7 and pin 11. Which pin 7 writes that the LS + refers provide the positive of the speaker. The pin 11 wrote that the LS-means connect to the negative of the speaker.
Is to be noted that terminal of the speaker will be connected to the ground of system. Since we know already that the circuit is connected to the bridge amplifiers. So If there are connecting a speaker cable wrong point or connected to ground. The detection system will immediately error. Resulting voltage pin 8 is close to the negative voltage, cause current flow through from voltage +12 volts, through to R2 cause LED1 glow to alarm user know the error.
If the operation of the circuit is normal, the voltage at pin 8 is very close to the power supply, cause the reverse bias so makes LED1 go out. (A resistor R2 that series with LED1 can be damaged if too little.But if an R2 value too much. The current through LED1 less does not see the brightness of LED1.
The lift level voltage circuit has connected the output to pin 3, 5 and pin 13, 15. To will be connected to the electrolytic capacitors C5, C6, to serves as boost current and voltage rises. makes power watts higher as well.
At pin 4 of IC1 consists of switch S1, R3, R4, and C4 serves as a select mode that will be Stand-by or Mute. Suppose that turn on switch S1 state now will prepare so that wait for a simple voice, Is turn on ready to work. But must delay before. Which takes about 1 second, wait for the capacitor C4 charges through R4 before.
The time delay is the symbol “T”.
Can calculate as follows.
T = R4xC4
When R4 and C4 are equal to 100 Kohms 10 microfarads.
Therefore, the delay time.
T = 100K x 10uF = 1 Second
The time delay is equal to 1 second.
But if turn off switch S1 now C4-capacitor will discharge through R3 to ground This condition will stop the sound. While in a state of IC1 stop this noise. The very low flow is 200 micro Amperes.
How to build its
Building this project. Has the same manner as other projects past. Until some of you Has tired so I say in conclusion, And this project uses less equipment and simpler.
Starting from build PCB by Figure 2, and positioning all devices as the layout on Figure 3, Should abide by following steps.
1. Put three jumper wire below the IC. Followed by R1, R2, R3, and R4 soldered to it, because if not, the project may have a significant problem.
2. solder LED1, observe polarity so well, do not reverse certainly
3. solder the C1, C2, C3, C4, and C7.
4.Solder terminals And the eyelets at various points such as input, output and power supply After soldering the connector switch S1
5. Solder the electrolytic capacitors C5, C6 and C8 Notice polarity so well, do not reverse certainly
6. Against the power amplifier IC with Heatsink. Marked on the heat sink. To penetrate the IC. by the plan or mica insulation sandwiched. Solder pins of the IC carefully. Otherwise, the project may not work.
7. Check the short circuit or lack circuit, pins of the device, and modify immediately soon.
How to test circuits
When the project finish, should test it, the steps are as follows.
1. Apply the power supply from battery 12 volts or voltage from the power supply that adjust DC voltage at 12 volts and provide current over 1 amperes, into the positive terminal of C8, and negative voltage at also negative of C8. Now must no burning smell and touch at IC1 must be cool. If error must disconnect the power supply immediately rushed out and quickly modify the project.
2. Measure a voltage at pin 7 of IC1 means LS + point by DC voltage range.
Related 12v audio amplifier Circuits
GET UPDATE VIA EMAIL
I always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.