Today we try to use CH340G Arduino Nano 3.0 on Mac OSX. In the beginning it was a problem. But it can be easy to fix. We liked it, because small, very cheap, and it can be exactly the same as the Arduino UNO.
Friends recommend using the Arduino Arduino Nano 3.0 is a processor ATmega328, as well as the Arduino Uno. The ability is equally, differences the Arduino Nano 3.0 is designed to be small. It cuts out the unnecessary parts of Socket. And still being able to connect through a USB port.
As Figure 1 is this board that use the CH340G chip as USB Driver, can be used with Windows XP,Windows 7 , Windows 8 , Windows 10 32/64bit, Linux , Mac OS. And cheaper than Arduino UNO.
The solution CH340G Arduino Nano 3.0 does not work on mac
It does not work on mac OSX Yosemite. Step by step.
– We need download new driver from: https://www.wch.cn/downloads.php?name=pro&proid=178
– Install driver now
– Do not restart immediately have to follow the following steps before.
– Use Terminal or go to “finder” type “terminal” then press “return” we will can see “Command Prompt”
– Then type code : sudo nvram boot-args=”kext-dev-mode=1? then type your password and wait…
– Then restart now
We will look the now port: /dev/cu.wchusbserial1420 as Figure 2
Testing CH340G Arduino Nano 3.0 on mac OS
as Video below:
We test board by example code same this post : First Arduino leaning Board
– Apply usb cable to board and computer
– Open program open blink2 code.
– Then change time on and off LED13 on board.
We are very happy CH340G Arduino Nano 3.0 is good cheap and easy to use.
GET UPDATE VIA EMAIL
I always try to make Electronics Learning Easy.